• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS - Free Washer & Dryer (10MAY2008)

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
I believe they're both Maytags (haven't looked at them recently - more looking around them...) but they worked just fine before. They've been in my garage since we moved - the new rental already had a washer & dryer in place, and they're both larger in capacity than these units.

Washer has had the bottom tub seal replaced - the motor and gearbox are fine, and it doesn't leak anymore.

Dryer is electric (220V,) and has had the heating element replaced. I tore it down and vacuumed the lint out of it annually, but I'm not sure if we stopped using it before or after the last cleanout. Belt is in good condition, and the thing works just fine.

Your's for the hauling! I'll make them available to NAXJA-ers first - let me know if you want them, and bring a pickup. All or nothing.

If no-one here takes them, I'll put them out kerbside with a "free" sign on them next week-end. If no-one takes them after that, I'll cut them up for scrap (just to get them out of my way. I need the space...)

Let me know - PM for address. First comer takes. Available off Capitol Expressway in San Jose, so we're not that tough to find.

Back