• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud King XT tires

Ex CCS Racer

NAXJA Forum User
I went from 33's to 35's about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to go the cheaper route for now and went with the Mud Kings. Is it just me or is the tread a little shallow compared to the BFG's? My BFG MT's had full tread with only about 6k miles on them and the MK's seem to be about 75% as deep brand new. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to measure them back to back. They've performed flawlessly at a local ORV park but the looks leave a little to be desired.

Yes mud kings aren't the most aggressive looking tire, and dont have the same tread depths as other MT's but that's basically cause you get what you pay for, and being that the mud kings are a cheaper tire you wont get as much life out of them as say, your BFG MT's. Not that Mud Kings are a good tire for the money, I've seen them in the 33" variety perform very well, and you say your 35's performed flawlessly so obviously they're still a decent tire.

Back