• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new ride

razdrvr

NAXJA Forum User
myjeep.jpg

assend.jpg

flex.jpg

1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L

Power train
4.0L EFI engine with auto (aw4) transmission, rustysoffroad.com TB/space and intake, larger injectors and closed loop cooling system (such as the 90’s jeeps have).
Newer radiator and motor mounts.
On Board Air compressor (OBA) with quick connection in front
231 transfer case with Tom Woods SYE and driveshaft, w/spare output shaft.
90’s gauge panel, with Alpine am/fm/CD player w/remote and POLK speakers, Radio Shack CB and magnetic antenna
Red Top Optima battery, with battery disconnect (set up for dual batteries though)

Bumpers/protection

Front and Rear 2” receiver hitches and rear clevis rings. (The rear receiver is brand new from U-haul and it is not installed, but the clevis tow point is there)
Rocker guards welded to bottom seams
Tomken.com gas tank skid
TnTcustoms.com belly pan skid
THOR.com (trailhead off road) rear corner guards/tail lights with LED tail lights.

Lift is provide by a TnTcustoms.com Y-arm long arm suspension and 8” coils in front, the rear is currently a 4.5RE leaf with 2” block and Revolver shackles. RE adjustable track bar and mount
HD .25 walled front steering (see picture) with Hiem Joints, custom made for this rig!
Rustysoffroad.com extended braided brake lines front and back.

Axles-tires
The front is a HP Dana 30 from a ’97 Cherokee with 297 joints. 456 gears and a lock right locker.
The rear is a Jeep Dana 44 from a ’87 Cherokee with 456s, full spool and ZJ (grand Cherokee) disc brakes swapped on...I should mention that I swapped in the ZJ brake valve (for 4wheel discs) at the same time too..!
Spare axle shafts for the front and back axles at each corner
(4) 35” BFG mud terrains with good tread are on the corners with black wagon wheels (4.5”x5 lug)
(1) 35” MTR spare tire, mounted on the same rim as above
(1) Spare rim that is the same rim as all above

Last edited:
Nice

Thanks. I've been runnin that thing all over the place.

Is your's the white one? Unfortunatley I'm now back in Iraq so you won't be seeing it anymore for a while.

razdrvr said:
Is your's the white one? Unfortunatley I'm now back in Iraq so you won't be seeing it anymore for a while.

where out in here the giant catbox are you?

VERY nice rig, BTW. Looks like its had a lot of time and care put into it.

I will be at Camp Liberty till Jan 09, I'll be home once more during that time.

Back