• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkle...Performance Loss???

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering about performance loss if I went with a snorkle?
I dont live in an area that has alot of water, but I do have alot of dirt and dust.
Presenlty I have a Rusty's intake and cone, but thought if it would be better to have my intake higher and have actual cold air rather than hot mixing in?
Is there a performance difference?
I was thinking of routing through an OEM Intake Box, but if there is another way to still use the cone, that would be cool too!!
Ideas?

I found exactly the opposite. I originally put the snorkle on my 2.5 for dust reasons. I actually picked up 4mph top end due to the ram effect.

I havent heard of anyone losing power going to a snorkle, most gain it, because it's more of a true cold/ram air intake.
You wont notice as much of a power gain as the others because you've already upgraded your intake,, but you for sure wont notice any loss.

Last edited:
Yah, if anything I may have gained 1 MPG or so.. no loss of performance though..

Haven't noticed any change with my snorkle installed. :kissyou:

IMG_1186.jpg

that should go under red neck jeep mods..... that is too damn funny haha. :)

This is what i did, been in for over a year now.

808664_36_full.jpg

I haven't noticed any loss at all. Actually i don't notice much of a gain either, maybe a little at mild temps (50-70*) i have pulled the end cap off to see if there was a difference, and there really wasn't other than the sound, it was alot louder with the cap off.

Here's the rest of the info. P/N and phone numbers.
https://driven2services.com/staging/naxja/xf/index.php?threads/59845/

Dingo

Back