• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few more pics from Big Bear

SanDiegoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
At Big Bear Discovery Center...

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Lining up for the Deep Creek run...

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Santa waiting patiently in the mighty Sleigh II...

IMG_0009.jpg

Finally heading out to the trail following our fearless leader Johnny...

IMG_0012.jpg

Getting close to the trail after Johnny took us all on a scenic trip of the S.B. Mountains...

IMG_0013.jpg

And what a dusty trail it was...

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Trail cleanup the next day...

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

That's all I got of the trail cleanup...once we started working, there wasn't much opportunity for photgraphs.

Heh, actually, I think that's still 38...but I honestly had no clue where we were...Johnny had us pretty much circumnavigate the entire San Bernadino Mountain Range getting to the trail...I snapped that shot when Johnny said we had about 5 miles left.....15 miles or so later we were at the trailhead. =)

EDIT: Oh, and that dusty trail is just the road down to deep creek...I don't know what the road number is...I was just following the Jeep in front of me. =)

Trail cleanup was on the 2N04, and yes, it's fine for a stocker. There's probably a few more you'd be fine on too. :)

The dusty trail leading to Deep Creek is NOT good for a stocker...Deep Creek is fairly mild most of the way with a few "extra credit" obstacles along the trail if you choose to hit them, but there's at least one section (rock waterfall) that would be just about impossible to get through at stock ride height. Even the bypass requires a good amount of clearance (at least BB and 31's with rails for the bypass up the waterfall I'd say from memory, if you want to be safe instead of sorry). It's do-able without lockers, but I wouldn't go solo just in case. Have fun!

Last edited:
Back