• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anybody know this Jeep

aaronh

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought this XJ, the person I got it from said it was from Alaska. I was wondering if anybody knew this rig, I would like to know more info about it.

101_0092.jpg

101_0088.jpg

101_0094.jpg

I don't know.
But, is it really running on natural gas?

Hmmm, that would have been pretty cool.
What sort of things do you want to know about it?

Well it has a lot of switch's in it dont know where they go, figured I would see if anybody knew the person that owned it and I could get a hold of them. The motor is too clean to have 200,000 miles on it see if it has been replaced. Just a bunch of simple ???? that the first owner might know.

aaronh said:
Well it has a lot of switch's in it dont know where they go, figured I would see if anybody knew the person that owned it and I could get a hold of them. The motor is too clean to have 200,000 miles on it see if it has been replaced. Just a bunch of simple ???? that the first owner might know.

The switch on the left is the ejection seat:eeks1:

Run a Carfax report and it will tell you who the previous owner was.

My bad. I thought it had all that info judging from what friends have said regarding what they have found out on their searches. I've never actually purchased a used car so I haven't used the service but thought it could help.

I had to go thru Oregon DMV to figure out who had Mine orgionally.....(all they could teel me was it was owned ny the US National park service, Oregon Division....)

What a pain.....

The carfax is helpful though....

I know that mine had three PO's before me, and failed emissions three times, and was never reported a total loss.....(keep in mind, that Carfax is only a voluntary submission, there is no governmnet requirement for Insurance companies to report to carfax if a vehicle is totalled.....)

Last edited:
poorboy_616 said:
(keep in mind, that Carfax is only a voluntary submission, there is no governmnet requirement for Insurance companies to report to carfax if a vehicle is totalled.....)
Well, if a vehicle gets totaled, it is issued a branded title...which is picked up by carfax. And there is a law about the branded title.

-----Matt-----

That rig belonged to a guy on here named Chilly who was up in Anchorage but headed to Arkansas. He hasn't been here since 2005 and few of the pic links work that he had up. The only pic I could find was in the thread where he did the camo job (which followed the HMMWV as close as he could get it, props for that). The holes and hacking are from the TJ flares. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24325

aaronh said:
I just bought this XJ, the person I got it from said it was from Alaska. I was wondering if anybody knew this rig, I would like to know more info about it.

101_0092.jpg

101_0088.jpg

101_0094.jpg

Back