• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DFW friday lunch.

Weekday lunch meets are gonna be tough for me (and for quite a few others, I'd imagine) as DFW is BIG and we all have jobs scattered across the Metroplex. When you only get an hour for lunch, you've got to meet local. That said, I could definitely do a dinner meet up in Lewisville around the 7 - 8 PM timeframe.

Weekends are usually easy, too.

I need one of you to take ownership of a meet and greet/ dinner. I can't effectively coordinate it from here. I started the ball rolling but I need someone to keep it rolling.

Alright Brandon. :patriot:

Does anyone have any other club/family/work conflicts? I would suggest the 2nd weekend of next month.

The Fox and the Hound can be a bit noisy, so I'll look into some other places. It would be great if I had some idea of who is interested so I can come up with a semi-central location.

As previously noted, Jennifer and I are in Denton. I think I saw 2 others from the Witchita Falls area, 1 from Ft. Worth, and 1 from Lewisville. Is that correct? Who else?

ETA: OK, missed McKinney, Saginaw, and NRH.

Well, ummm..hhmmm....not one single response....

Just as well, my daughter informed me that I'm taking her to the Red Bull motorcycel freestyle competition that night.

That being said, if anyone is interested we can set something up for Friday night or the following weekend.

Come on guys work with me here!

can't we do a meetin at someones house, or the park at the zoo. I understand it's very hard for people to admit that they can't afford somewhere, so most do not respond. I'm in Clifton, and would love to show up, however the food on top of the fuel makes it tough. A park, someones yard, the local jail, I could do all those, the zoo, we could bring grills (and near the lake buoys) and coolers full of low cost drinks, then we could trick family members into thinking we were actually thinking of them as well. Payin a restaurant for a piece of meat that I could produce with fallen branches and a lighter makes me sad, and who wants to see me cry? Or is that your evil plan, to lure me to a restaurant and watch me cry?

Damn! You found me out!!

Actually, I really like the idea!

I would offer up my house in Denton, but Jennifer just moved in and we have boxes EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm thinkin' around one of the lakes would be a great idea. Lake Grapevine seems centrally located in the DFW area. I haven't been there in years, so I'm open to other suggestions.

XJ's by the water might make for some interesting photo ops too.

Back