• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

great time and a humbling experience

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I have to say that backpacking through high mountains with 2 14 year olds 1 16 year old and one almost 18 year old definately makes one feel old as they run circles around you (I have to add that they are used to backpacking in the mountains and going cross country cycling with camping gear). But views like this one made it all worth it !!! :D

P1010044.JPG

Tonight I'm going out for a couple of beers with local 4x4 club. Somehow I have a feeling that it will be a loooooooooooong night :D

slowrider said:
I would have figured pushing you're bike up all those climbs when you're "riding" with John would have been enough walking to help you out:)
Nope, this was even worse.... the almost 18 year old was like a machine. She would start in the am and would not stop till the light was out! I'll post more pictures later :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, now cold beer is calling my name.

maybe you should go with people your own age so that you don't look that slow:D

Kejtar said:
Nope, this was even worse.... the almost 18 year old was like a machine. She would start in the am and would not stop till the light was out! I'll post more pictures later :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, now cold beer is calling my name.
Make em a little smaller next time :D :D :D

Kejtar said:
get a bigger monitor :D
funny......

Outstanding view, what was the elevation? I'm sure the struggle was worth it.
Where are you, and where was the picture taken???

Aaron

99xjache said:
funny......

Outstanding view, what was the elevation? I'm sure the struggle was worth it.
Where are you, and where was the picture taken???

Aaron
Elevation in that pic I think was about 2100 ~ 2200meteres which is about 6300 ~ 6600 feet. Where was I? I was laying on this rock in the back trying to catch my breath.

Check this one out:
P1010029.JPG
This pic was taken at about 1800 meters which is just under 6000 feet.

Oh yeah... and for the curious ones, the mountain range is called Tatras

You all look so happy:sunshine: :kissyou:

Back