• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Disconnects?

menos

NAXJA Forum User
I seem to be having a problem with my new Rough Country disconnects. I'm running a 4" junkyard lift (measured out at exactly 4"), and my RC disconnects seem to be WAY too long. The disconnects are adjusted to the shortest setting but the sway bar is pitched up by about 45 degrees. I'm only getting about 2" of uptravel before the bolt on the top of the bracket is hitting the inner fender well. I"m running plenty of bumpstop to keep the tire out of the fender but the tire isn't even getting close before the sway bar hits.

I know these aren't the best disconnects out there, but they fit my budget (cheap). Does RC make a shorter connection bar, or is my only option to cut it down and re-drill it? Whats the proper angle that the sway bar should be sitting at? Should it be close to parallel to the ground?

Cut the top part of the tube to desired length and weld it back in place. This will eliminate the top hole along with the top pin. Now just disconnect from the bottom and zip-tie it out of the way.

Back