• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar Disconnects

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, sorry I have been looking for quite some time now, and I can't find any threads for doing my own sway bar disconnects. Some help to find a good thread would be much appreciated. Thanks:confused1

Check these out.There's a few good notes and even some pics on building your own disconnects.

I happened to know some good keywords to search for, but even just searching for "make sway bar disconnect" in the Mod. tech forum would have turned up the same posts with some seat time. You've come to the right place for XJ info and it sounds like you've got some good plans for your XJ. Searching and reading through the info in here can go a long way to help you out.

Good luck!
:cheers:

nhrocker said:
Check these out.There's a few good notes and even some pics on building your own disconnects.

I happened to know some good keywords to search for, but even just searching for "make sway bar disconnect" in the Mod. tech forum would have turned up the same posts with some seat time. You've come to the right place for XJ info and it sounds like you've got some good plans for your XJ. Searching and reading through the info in here can go a long way to help you out.

Good luck!
:cheers:

I think the search function is being spotty. Your link gave me a search page that couldn't find any matches.

SCW said:
I think the search function is being spotty. Your link gave me a search page that couldn't find any matches.
Well that doesn't help, does it? Oh well. Here's one of the threads that was in the search:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33686&highlight=sway+bar+disconnect+hitch+pin

The other ones I was referring to I had posted in, so I'll just repost the info. It's pretty much the same as all the links Timber just pointed out.

For the parts to make the bottom of your stock sway bar link disconnect, all you need is a 7/16ths by 2 1/2" hitch pin with a 5/32nds cotter pin for each side. Rubber washers would help to get rid off rattles and movement in the components. Just use the hitch pin in place of the pressed in pin that's on there from the factory with the cotter pins to retain the links. I had priced them up at the local hardware store for less than $8 for all of parts. If you want to take it one step further you can replace the top nut on your stock link with a wingnut so that it can be fully removed.

Back