• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering box reinforcement

midmoxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question regarding the strength of my steering box: I plan to run a 30x9.5 tire and wondered if i needed a steering box reinforcement plate, I've heard that its not really necessary until you go 31" or taller? I've researched and found that the steering box brace is not a very good idea? I have searched the forums but couldnt find an answer to this exact question. I run moderate trails, some mud/rocks and flex it out quite a bit. Thanks for your response, zach

You can never go wrong with steering box reinforcement. If you've never been with someone when they're box falls off or you have yourself, it's a miserable limp back to camp. There's nothing worse than not being able to steer. I used the C-ROK setup with no questions asked. It's done it's job.

I use longer grade 8 bolts (two of them are short) and three fender washers per bolt. Three, the washers I can get are very thin.
This has worked well for me and others that off a lot harder then me with bigger wheels.
Besure to fix any crack you may have allready. No mater what bracing you use.

I'll order the c-rok brace kit, thanks guys. Do these braces still allow you to run tow hooks and/or a bumber?

Last edited:
Back