• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding to Existing Lift

xjbear

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 xj and it already has a 2.5 in lift ( coils, add a leaf, and shocks) and 31 x 10.50s , i want to know if i can add these coil spacers http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1209 and go to the junkyard and get another set of xj leafs to add to my existing ones. If i can do this will i have to do or buy anything else (t-case drop, new trackbar), im trying to stay cheap.

the spacers should be just fine. Im not sure about the leaves, but dont forget to realign your front end.

I would go with s10 leafs IMO. Most XJ are different you might not need a t-drop but you will probably need a new track bar.

I'm kinda doing the same thing. I ahve a 3" RC lift with full packs/quick discos/32" pro-comps 91 XJ. I have no problems with everything else being stock. I am in the process of putting 1 1/2" spacers and shackles on. The only thing I can think of is a new adj track bar and maybe longer LCAs. Other than that, you'll have to see how your rig reacts to the new lift. Every XJ is different. Some get drive line vibrations and some don't. Def a track bar though. Good luck.

Back