• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 transmission question

89cherokee89

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of a manual to automatic swap. I am using BrettM's controller unit and I have a question about the three wires that go to the solenoids. Where do I connect these? i.e. How do I know which wire is solenoid 1,2, and 3 on the transmission? Are the colors the same on the transmission as they are from the TCU even after those plugs? Please help! Thanks,

-Neal

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but yes the color codes on the solenoid wires are the same from the TCU connector, through the harness connection at the firewall, and going down to the solenoids themselves. Are you trying to figure out which wires on Brettts shifter are sol1, 2, 3 or which wires in the vehicle belong to which solenoid?

I'm assuming this is an 89 wiring harness?

Thanks for your reply lawsoncl! I was trying to figure out which wires on the vehicle itself belong to which solenoid. I am going to splice straight to the wires coming out of the side of the transmission for the solenoids and was wondering if those colors were of wires were the same down there as they are leaving the TCU because the didnt go straight from the TCU to the solenoids... they connect with a clip on the tranny to the wire harness... and from there to the TCU. sorry if that rediculously confusing...

Back