• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE stock?

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
This is probably going to sound odd...but I have a 2000XJ(not that part)

I have a RE3.5" lift, shocks...tires all that mumbo jumbo waiting to go on. Also got a sye for it too, and plan to use an XJ front shaft.

Now...where I have a chance to install my lift, I dont think i'd have enough time to do the SYE there also, or just would not like to to tie up the shop...

Question is....would the SYE/XJ shaft work while it was still stock? Install it, then head to the shop to do the lift...

or does anyone suppose a 25km drive would do any damage to anything without the SYE until I got home? I understand the vibes and u-joint troubles that will happen, but...with a new 3.5" RE lift, I've read it nets roughly 5.5" when new. Is that going to pop the driveshaft out or anything at that height?

I know this is dumb, but I'm trying to organize the day so that i'm the smallest PITA i can be...

thanks

ps. when I say 'stock' I mean ridiculously sagged rear springs...

Even if the driveshaft was too long, you could just keep the rear shaft off, put it in 4wd and drive it to the shop, essentially in front wheel drive.

you should be ok though...thats actually a really good idea, set up the SYE before you do the lift. I did that back when I just had a 2" puck and shackle lift on....put on the SYE, then a few days later, did my OME lift. worked out great.

Back