• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a little higher!

MIXEDBREED

NAXJA Forum User
I put a 3" RC lift w/ QDiscs & 32" pro-comps on my 91XJ and have had no problems taking it out to Mixchallenge here in Nor Cal. I wan't to go another 1-1/2" with spacers and shackles. I straightened the front brake line and relocated the bracket. I plan on getting a stock YJ rear brake line. Is there anything else I sould be looking at, or worried about when/after I do this. It's my first rig and I'm still learning. Here's a pic of how she sits now.
http://usera.imagecave.com/MixedBreed/100_3201-1.JPG

Last edited:
maybe a SYE. not sure bout the shackles. i would like to know though.
shocks might be an issue depending what you have now. other than that i think its pretty straight forward. just do it and see if you have any probs.

do you have an adjustable track bar? is it good for that amount of lift? what about discos? adjustable control arms?

do yourself a favor and dont get a TB relocation bracket.....unless you enjoy the adventure of having bumpsteer....get a good trackbar with a new frame-side mount that puts the mount in a double sheer configuration...

JNickel101 said:
do yourself a favor and dont get a TB relocation bracket.....unless you enjoy the adventure of having bumpsteer....get a good trackbar with a new frame-side mount that puts the mount in a double sheer configuration...

What does double sheer configuration mean and what kind of mount puts it in that configuration? I lifted 3" get death wobble and thinking about one of the following:

- change the bushings in my stock track bar and get a relocation bracket
- buy an adjustable track bar

Sounds like the bracket would be a bad choice.

double sheer meaning you get rid of the crappy ball joint mount on the frame side of the trackbar. you get a new frame side bracket and a new adjustable track bar. Rubicon Express makes a nice one (their heavy duty model) that also has a "brace" as an option.

and yes, that relocation bracket is a bad idea...

I have the same exact set up on my Jeep and I just put the spacers on about 2 weeks ago. I'd go with an adjustable trackbar because it was nearly an inch short of the axle side mount when I went to bolt it back together. I'm going to be getting one as soon as I get the extra money.

I have the RC 3" lift, i added 2" spacers and blocks. Instead of putting a relocation bracket on for the track bar i just redrilled the mounting hole. That is what Rough Country tech person said to do. To get ride of the bumpsteer i replaced my Pitman arm with a new drop pitman arm this helped to get my track bar and drag link more parallel.

The front shocks are ok for right now but will be replaced in the future with longer ones. In the rear i made new shock brakets and moved them up 2".

I also changed my lower control arms and made a crossmember with a 1" transfer case drop.

Back