• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch bumper causing over heating?

sinisterxj

NAXJA Forum User
could it effect the temp rising? here is a pic of the bumper on the truck
DSCN1000.jpg

IMG%5D

No. The only affect it would have is the additional weight.

Michael

I read an article that said that a guy put offroad light on his stock bumper and it blocked enough air hitting the radiator to cause it to heat up.

both fans are working.. fresh coolant.. took it throught a mud hole at rausch this weekend and then it started.. cleaned off the radiator still running hot... its weird but when i sit idle its fine running at 210.. then when i get on the highway it spikes almost to the red

Last edited:
Spray the radiator from both the front and back sides... there is most likely blockage remaining from the mud... also, make sure there are not any air bubbles it the radiator and that the coolant has reserve to flow down into the engine block. You can put the front end up in the air on a hillside or a pair of wheel ramps to make the air bubbles flow to the reserve tank.

Good luck!!:) :)

i'm with everyone else. no.

IntrepidXJ said:
my winch sits right in front of my radiator, and does nto cause me to overheat or even run hot. check your cooling system

Same here.

I don't have any troubles with this setup.
101_4279.jpg

You might have a bunch of crap inbetween your ac condenser and radiator, and when you go fast it all blows up and blocks the radiator. Leaves crap get stuck in there and they can do that.

You might see the mechanical fan turning but that doesn't mean its doing it job.I can bet going through the mud hole fragged the clutch.So when going down the road its not doing its job correctly.

Like said before check in between the ac condenser and the radiator. Also check the mechanical fan, if you have high mileage you might want to change it out anyway. It can make a world of difference.

Back