• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Greenhorn in Big Bear

Southwest Chuck

NAXJA Forum User
IMG%5D

Th organization has taught me alot and I wanted to give back and join up and thought It would be a good idea to intoduce myself. Below is a pic of my '94 and has a 3" Rancho up front and Procomp in the rear. Other things: guage cluster swap; CO2 air tanks; Reciever hitches front and rear with a XD9000i winch; CB; 750 watt inverter; Defender rack; JCR rear bumper w/ tire, gas can, and Hi-Lift mounts on BFG 31's with many more mods to come to make her more trail worthy. I look forward to meeting some new friends and doing some wheeling this week-end. I've got campsite #6 reserved Fri. & Sat. but won't be pitching a tent as I'm bringing my roof-top tent. So I'll have space available for anyone that needs it. Also, my GF bailed on me so I have a shotgun seat available too.

About me, I'm out of Costa Mesa in the O.C. area. I'm a Locksmith, and a General Contractor and kind of a "Jack of all trades" type of person. This is the first organized group I've joined and look forward to some good times ahead. I guess the Dark Side kept calling me :cheers: so here I am!
See you in Big Bear!
Chuck
aka SC
aka Southwest Chuck

94XJ001.jpg

welcome Chuck! always good to have a locksmith in the group! im sure someone will stop by your camp and check out the rooftop, i havent seen one up close :D

stop by site #86 and say hello!

-Mike

Hey fellow Costa Mesan. See you up there.

Hey Chuck,

I'm the guy with the battery shop in Anaheim. You picked up some parts from me a year or so ago. PM me, I might have some general contractor and locksmith work available!

Thanks,
Grant

PS - enjoy the trip

Welcome to the redside

Hey Chuck,
Welcome, and looking forward to meeting you, and other new faces.
I'll have a locksmith question of sorts for ya. I lost the key to the rear hatch on my 88 XJ. Can it be removed, and rekeyed without killing the hatch?

See ya, and will get my answer in Big Bear.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I gotta get packing since my water pump went out yesterday and had to spend most of my free time fix'in it before the So Cal Fest. See you there!

Russ Pottenger said:
Hey Chuck,
Welcome, and looking forward to meeting you, and other new faces.
I'll have a locksmith question of sorts for ya. I lost the key to the rear hatch on my 88 XJ. Can it be removed, and rekeyed without killing the hatch?

See ya, and will get my answer in Big Bear.
Not a problem, Russ (well, it is if you don't have any BEER!) :laugh:
SC

EliasJ123 said:
Welcome Chuck..

Is that a aftermarket "4x4" sticker in back??

See you at BB..

E
Probably is.... It was on there when I brought it. Big Bear here I come!
SC

ruggedjeep said:
Couldnt have joined a couple weeks ago huh Mr. locksmith... ? :D
Here is what i think of anything that has to do with locks and keys..
IMG_0328.jpg

:D:D

Welcome !!
LOL, Oh man. if only I had been thereI heard about your fiasco. Sorry I wasn't there to help out when it blew up on you:explosion. Next time, though. Sounds like I'll have to give you guys some pointers & bypass methods when I'm not around just to get you by (instead of paying those big bucks) and call it "Jeepsmith 101" :laugh:.
SC

Southwest Chuck said:
Sounds like I'll have to give you guys some pointers & bypass methods when I'm not around just to get you by (instead of paying those big bucks) and call it "Jeepsmith 101" :laugh:.
SC

Welcome

That calls for a tech write-up on "Jeepsmith 101"

Maz said:
Welcome

That calls for a tech write-up on "Jeepsmith 101"
Does sound like a good write-up! Probably need one or two doner vehicles of different years to work on for it to be all inclusive :lecture:. Well I'm off! See you guys up there!!
SC

Back