• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Stabilizer Attachment Point

4LowandGo

NAXJA Forum User
I have an over-the-knuckle steering conversion with heim joints for rod ends on my waggy 44 front end. My question is this... Should I attach the steering stabilizer to the drag link or to the tie rod? Currently it is on the drag link, but I am having second thoughts. I think it should be attached to the tie rod (the one that's parallel to the ground). Am I right?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/4lowandgo/101_0391.jpg

Here's a pic of my Jeep. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures of my setup handy right now.

Thanks,

Mike

On the draglink!

Are you talking about the stabilizer shock? Pretty sure they're always tie rod to axle housing, since the tie rod is the most direct line of "wobble". I don't run mine on the XJ anymore, but I did put one on the CJ. Tie rod to axle housing.

Stock on an XJ is axle to Drag link. Also that way on the ORO U-turn system which I just put on.

Back