• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 torque converter question

SKJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all there:

i am playing with the idea of swapping an AW4 auto tranny into my 4headed 4banger
(VM 2,5 Turbo diesel) XJ

It has an NV3550 5spd. now .

When i ommit the bellhousing problem, i will probably need a modified torque converter with different stall speed, cause of lower diesel RPM.

Anybody with an idea?

i dont know about in Europe, but here in the USA there are shops that will rebuild your converter, and set the stall speed to whatever you want. mostly for drag racing applications, but i am sure you can find someone to rebuild it.

GrimmJeeper said:
i dont know about in Europe, but here in the USA there are shops that will rebuild your converter, and set the stall speed to whatever you want. mostly for drag racing applications, but i am sure you can find someone to rebuild it.

Hm... sounds good...for the USA :-(

but there are only few (good and experienced) shops here in Europe (at least in my neighborhood) and when, then the prices are :wow: .
The point is, that auto tranny is not so common in Europe. Most of the cars have manual tranny.

I have no problem to order from USA. (some of the dealers do have a problem to ship to Europe, some not - but that' s another story).

So if someone knows a good auto tranny shop in the US, i could give it a try.

Back