• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spoke to soon!!!

flexdout

NAXJA Forum User
Dammit I shouldnt have done it cause now its biting me in the ass. I made a comment in another post about Rusty's having there shit together now. Look like I jinxed myself!

So I ordered a manual hub kit From Rusty's for my 91 XJ D30 cause its been a good axle to me and Id like to keep it. I also ordered a few extra things that I needed like the steering box brace and some Bilstein RR 5150's to go all the way around. I got home on Wednesday and had a bunch of boxes and was excited. Got the Jeep in the garage and started in on it. About half way into the teardown my father-in-law who was helping me noticed there were no Rotors. Confused cause I ordered them I started checking everything. Sure enough he was correct. 5 boxes total shipped so the paperwork said but only 4 boxes. I quickly called UPS and they said they recieved billing info on the missing box but no parts. Thursday morning I called Rusty's to see what the hell was happening and they said the rotors had to be machined so they were a day behind. Ok no problem I should have them when I get home. Get home no box! WTF! Call Rustys back and they didnt leave till today (Thur) so Ill have them tommorrow. So now its Friday morning, my Jeep is in pieces and cant be put back together till I get the rotors. I check my email this morning to go to UPS's website and low and behold they didnt leave Rusty's till last night. I wont have them till Monday, if I even freaking get them then. What makes me mad is I just was commenting in a nother post how they have attempted to get there shit together and as soon as I say that I get screwed. Sorry about the rant it just kills me that a major company is so "oh sorry we didnt send them out today" if I would have known this was gonna happen I woulda just had my rotors machined.

Rusty strikes again...

I broke the track bar mount on my DD so I ordered one from Rustys. They told me it would ship by thrusday and that I would get it no later than the following tuesday. After not getting any tracking numbers I called them and talk to "rusty" and he said he personally set them out thursday. When it was all said and done they didn't ship untill wensday, the day AFTER I was supposed to get them! When I called them to ask what was taking so long they said UPS lost it and they were in the process of tarcking it down. I called UPS and they said rustys never contacted them, and told me to call rustys and have them call UPS. If they were out of stock I wish they would have just told me, the thing I hate most in life is getting lied too.

flexdout said:
Sorry about the rant it just kills me that a major company is so "oh sorry we didnt send them out today" if I would have known this was gonna happen I woulda just had my rotors machined.

I know you were excited to get parts and get started on your project, BUT you should have checked the contents of the packages prior to starting the tear down.

crasy1_69 said:
I know you were excited to get parts and get started on your project, BUT you should have checked the contents of the packages prior to starting the tear down.

o come on who does that...:eeks1: i know when i got my 8" clayton lift kit i ripped all the boxes open like a fat kid looking for a cupcake in a haystack....then i put the lift on and realized it was missing all the bolts.... lol

those kind of stories are exactly why i will never order from rustys, i hate it when someone says things will be shipped and never are, or they are even later then promised. Bad buisness is what i call it.

You should have checked to make sure everything was there before starting to disassemble. I always start first, I mean check first. Really I do the same thing usually just out of excitement. But only only on additions I want and don't really need for the jeep to run.

Wow - Rusty's got 4 out of 5 boxes to you; that's an 80% success rate and therefore a passing grade in most schools. Considering Rusty's reputation...that's a phenomenal rate!

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Well I found a local machine shop that is currently machining my stock rotors for $30 a rotor. Which is cheaper then buying 1 rotor from anywhere else. Come to find out they werent sent out cause they had to be machined. Which means they buy a stock rotor and cut it wider. Then charge $70 a rotor. So $15 rotor from parts store, $55 for them to machine it and it went out this morning. When I looked into the kit I tried to find a local shop that would do the rotors for me but noone could due to insurance reasons. I stumbled across the shop thats currently doing them. Wish I would have known about them before all this.

crasy1_69 said:

Like someone else said I ripped into the boxes like X-mas morning and went to town on tearing the Jeep apart. It wasnt until I got to the point of actually pressing the studs thru that I realized I had no rotors. And when I called to see wtf I was told they shipped out. This was wednesday. Thursday came and I got a box but it was stuff not included in the original shipment, still no rotors. I to talk to "Rusty" when I called back again on Thursday and he assured me they had to be machined and went out on Wednesday and it was normal for shipments to arrive spread out though multiple days. Well I got on the computer this morning just to check UPS and they were just shipped last night. If there not here on Monday I might be making a trip to Alabama to "introduce" myself to the staff at Rustys.

Well I just got off the phone with UPS and its in transit between Alabama and Jax, Fl. So when it gets an arrival scan in Jax Im calling back and putting it at will call and driving my happy ass to Jax. 4 hour round trip but I dont wanna wait till Mon/Tue to get my stuff I want it now!!!!

What i dont understand is if they needed to machine the rotors, then why not just delay all the packages? Why not just send everything together 1 time. That makes the most sense to me at least.

flexdout said:
Well I found a local machine shop that is currently machining my stock rotors for $30 a rotor. Which is cheaper then buying 1 rotor from anywhere else. Come to find out they werent sent out cause they had to be machined. Which means they buy a stock rotor and cut it wider. Then charge $70 a rotor. So $15 rotor from parts store, $55 for them to machine it and it went out this morning. When I looked into the kit I tried to find a local shop that would do the rotors for me but noone could due to insurance reasons. I stumbled across the shop thats currently doing them. Wish I would have known about them before all this.
Holy crap!! My local machine shop only charged $10 per rotor.

I found a shop thats doing it for $25 both rotors. And hes gonna turn them as well since they need it. I called Rusty's back and got a return deal cause I dont need them now thanks to lack of good business practice.

89eliminator said:
What i dont understand is if they needed to machine the rotors, then why not just delay all the packages? Why not just send everything together 1 time. That makes the most sense to me at least.
Because that would imply good business practice.

purplexj said:
You should have checked to make sure everything was there before starting to disassemble. I always start first, I mean check first. Really I do the same thing usually just out of excitement. But only only on additions I want and don't really need for the jeep to run.

he should have, but that still isn't the issue here.

Rusty's needs to get their shit together shipping and being honest to their customers about what they're getting and when. Customers are far more understanding when they know whats going on.

I ordered a set of 4.5 inch coils and they said I would have them in two weeks, less than a weel later I had a box with coils sittin on the driveway.... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Back