• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtf, a torque rod???????

palmetto_xj

NAXJA Forum User
i kinda understand its purpose, to stop axle movement in going and stopping, but what do they look like? how can i make one? is it worth my time? and can i just buy one?

Traction bar? Anti-wrap bar? Off on the right side of the picture you can't see that It bolts to a set of tabs (Or whatever) on the top and bottom of the axle.

original.jpg

yeh, that looks like a bolt in, if not thats one hell of a fab job, but if it is a bolt in looks like all ya gotta do is weld to the tranny crossmember and the axle housing

For F250s and such do. It's a simple build. Run one bar from the bottom of the axle to a 'double' pivoted point somewhere on a cross member of sorts between the front leaf spring hangers. Then half way down the first bar to the top of the axle. Viola!

palmetto_xj said:
yeh, that looks like a bolt in, if not thats one hell of a fab job, but if it is a bolt in looks like all ya gotta do is weld to the tranny crossmember and the axle housing

He built the whole thing in his garage, thats my nieghbor, the guy can fab!

those are some funny looking welds for "guy who can fab"

If you have the revolvers I would just get rid of those in favor of a good shackle instead. less work than building a traction bar.

Not great pics,but excellent welds!
trackbar2.jpg

wolfpackjeeper said:
those are some funny looking welds for "guy who can fab"

Funny, I didn't know welds had to be "pretty" to hold up. This guy wheels harder than anyone I know and never breaks a weld. He does all of his work with a Lincoln 135, its hard to make those welds "pretty" but they will hold.

x2 dude, I dont know what WPjeeper is talking about, I think that setup looks solid as hell. Nice work by your neighbor!

Back