• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost All oil Out Of Motor While Driving-Please Help

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
by the way: 87 4.0/AW4/242. its just exactly what it sounds like. i was sitting at a light and there started to be a huge smoke cloud. it wa smy rig. i pulled over quickly and looked underneat. oil was pouring out, not dripping. it was coming from the cover that conseals the flywheel. I know theres no oil in there but that is where it was xcoming from. after i shut it off, the oil leak started to slow a little but not much. everything under my rig is soaked with oil. the inside of the rear tires and everything. I had the rear main and oil pan gasket replaced in Febryuary. and valve cover asket is about a year old. my valve cover (on top) always has leaked a little, but its minor to give you an idea of how bad it was, i ran out of oil (about 4 quarts) going just ten miles. what could this be?

Your rear main blew......not put in properly!!! Take it back to whom ever did it!!

Make them pressure wash the mess off while they are at it. They should tell you thanks for noticing the problem and quickly thinking to shut the engine down, otherwise you would be getting a new engine.

x4 on the rear main most likely. Don't know how 87's are set up but did your oil idiot light come on or check gauges light when this happened? Sounds like you may have caught it in time, but it doesn't take too long with oil starvation to cause engine damage. May want to verify good oil pressure and run a quick compression test on all cylinders when you get this fixed just in case....

Back