• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler long arm zerk size

CreativeSN

NAXJA Forum User
I have one of the older style R.K. 3-link kits with the straight arms and solid joints at either end. As has happened to many, I broke one of the grease fittings while using my grease gun. I called R.K. and the guy said they no longer sell those fittings and they now use bolts and oil instead of zerks and grease?? :greensmok Does anybody know what weird size those fittings are and/or where I can get them? I can't find them anywhere!

-Cody

I've heard of people drilling those fittings out to standard size, and using a regular zerk fitting...

bolts and oil??? :huh:

Yep... just drill em out & use a standard 1/4 x 28 fitting. I use button head bolts in the holes & just install a fitting when its time to grease..... otherwise those suckers are always getting broken off.

mattyj said:
Yep... just drill em out & use a standard 1/4 x 28 fitting. I use button head bolts in the holes & just install a fitting when its time to grease..... otherwise those suckers are always getting broken off.

X2.... As I recall standard zerk threads are 1/4-28 thread... My ACE Hardware has them in stock....

I just drop my arms, take the joints apart, fill them with grease, put it back together and reinstall them. Doesn't really take that long to do and it makes it easier to inspect them when they are in pieces.

I drilled mine out and installed standard size zirks.

Rockrawler told me that drilling them out wouldn't work, that somehow they weren't designed for that. No clue what that dude was thinking when he told me that. I laughed and hung up the phone. Drilled em out and have no problems now.

You still can't pump hardly any grease into them. But the zirk is there.

Back