• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift install need some help

XxFIREMANxX

NAXJA Forum User
I am puttung on a rustys 4.5 on a 94 xj with fill leaf packs the first ? is how do you guys run the parking brake cables they look like they are getting streched out. The second thing is how much will the leafs settle I have around 5.5 in the rear the front I still dont have done yet. Also the rear shock bolt the two on the top snapped off do I drill and tap or is there a easier way.

I will post some pics when I have it completed It will be sitting on 32"s

Thanks for any help

my bolts for the shocks broke also, u can try to drill and tap.
I just took a punch and a hammer and knocked out the nuts.

and it will settle, takes a while, helps if u carry extra weight for a while, dosent help fuel milage thogh.

For the parking brake, you will need to adjust the nut on the threaded rod coming from the brake handle. I recently had to do mine so I could get inspected, and the nut was stuck tight and I ended up gettin mad and just tearing it apart. What I did was pry the metal bracket thats holding the threaded rod to the slightly "U" shaped metal bar that actually goes to the e-brake handle, so I could get the U piece out, I did it just enough that I could bend it back. Then I went and cut off the current threaded rod (with the nut on it) and replaced it with a long 5/16ths bolt (had to grind the head down a bit to get it into the bracket I mentioned before). idk... its kinda hard to explain without pics, and I was real pressed on time at 9 at night when I had to get it inspected the next morning so I didnt get any...

to make it short, you have to find a way to move the nut further down the threaded rod (or you may need a new one) so the bracket that the brake cables attach to is moved further back, therefore releaving the pull on the cables caused by the lift

I drive back to school tomorrow, but once I am there and unpacked I could try and pull it back apart if you want, I put it back together with bolts rather than the more permanent method used from the factory so I could get it out to get some pics if you want. PM me or I will check back in if you want pics

Back