• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard watch list

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need one or the other of these parts:

MJ Parking Brake assembly: Pedal, cables, etc

97+ XJ Parking Brake assy: Need all the cables, and the bracket for where the cables meet, but not the handle.

We dont seem to get many of either at the JYs near me.

Thanks

John

Hmm, I'll keep my eyes open John, but you're right, MJs and 97+ XJs are pretty scarce at the nearby junkyards.

I'm still looking for ZJ rear disc brake parts if anyone happens to come across them.

Daedalus454 said:
Hmm, I'll keep my eyes open John, but you're right, MJs and 97+ XJs are pretty scarce at the nearby junkyards.

I'm still looking for ZJ rear disc brake parts if anyone happens to come across them.

There were still a couple Zj's with rear disc at the PAP in Ontario last sunday.

Jays siik xj said:
I was out at Hillside pickapart in Riverside a couple days ago... theres alot of MJs there. there were a alot of XJs too... I didnt really look around but I saw a bunch

well if you happen to get there, pick em up for me and i'll pay you back plus a 6 pack. riverside is a bit of a drive for me.

IslanderOffRoad said:
well if you happen to get there, pick em up for me and i'll pay you back plus a 6 pack. riverside is a bit of a drive for me.

ZJ pulls are worth at least a 12 pack....and maybe $20.....hahaha

tcm glx said:

I'm not the one looking for the ZJ parts I already have rear discs ;)

tcm glx said:
Tony, I've been looking for ZJ rear brakes for months now, by the time I get to the ZJs in the JY the entire rear axles are usually missing. So it would easily be worth a 12-pack if someone could pull a set for me. Heck, I'd give a 12-pack for just the backing plates, e-brake shoes, and calipers for core, I'd prolly replace everything else anyway. :D

Daedalus454 said:

Did u look at the 2 yards in santa pala? i kno one had 2 zj's and the other had like 3 and one had a 99 XJ and a hand full of pre96 XJs and one pretty bare MJ

89xjJe3per said:
Did u look at the 2 yards in santa pala? i kno one had 2 zj's and the other had like 3 and one had a 99 XJ and a hand full of pre96 XJs and one pretty bare MJ

there are yards in santa paula?

i've only ever been to the sun valley yards

IslanderOffRoad said:
I need one or the other of these parts:

MJ Parking Brake assembly: Pedal, cables, etc

97+ XJ Parking Brake assy: Need all the cables, and the bracket for where the cables meet, but not the handle.

We dont seem to get many of either at the JYs near me.

Thanks

John
I got some brake cables, might be outta a YJ (D35) . Will they work? I'll get ya a pic. Going to the fest? I'll bring them.

Back