• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAPA Coolant Recovery Bottle-Any Good?

burkemotorcross

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 XJ, 4.0/AX15/2WD, Bone Stock, and i am looking for a replacement coolant recovery bottle due to the cap on my stock one falling off. Does any one have any experience with with Napa's $8 universal bottle?

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=7304514&Description=Radiator+Coolant+Reservoir+-+Universal

On my stock bottle, the hose nipple is on the top and it appears that on this one the nipple is on the bottom. Could this be a problem? This vehicle is my DD and about all the offroad it sees is my driveway and the beach. I also would like to replace the hose going from the radiator neck to the bottle. Can i use a standard fuel line or does it have to be a high temperature, radiator specific hose?

Thanks in advance.

yup i run it on my rig, works just fine. as for the hose, i just told the guy at napa i needed some 5/16" OD hose and he ran over and cut me some. (I think thats 5/16")

Back