• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can I get these in a 37x12.5x15

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Tweel3.jpg

Yes, yes you can, in 10 or so years...

The Tweel probably won't be in the showroom for a least a decade. If all goes well in the lab, Tweels could replace radials, but that is a long-term prediction. It took radials 30 years to replace bias tires and become the universal tire standard.

I saw those last nigt and was wondering how long it would take to become an offroad style tire too. those would be pretty sweet. and the whole retread thing was a cool deal too

what about a stick going up in there...

Look like it would handle like S:smsoap:T!!!

I would be REALLY scared of sticks.....

On the good side, think about the amount tread contact while rock crawling.....

Chris @ GATR said:
How would you adjust for different loaded conditions?
Im sure they'll have load ranges much like our tires do now. I doubt that they forgot that part in R and D. I would venture to guess that the tires can withstand ample extra load.

x2 on getting some when theyre approved.

cough... come on... what happens when you get a rock, stick, mud, ice, snow, anything stuck in there. the wheel is now way off balanced. and image trying to clean out each little space. these would be great for street use in a warm climate.. but for anyplace offroad.. not a chance. those ribs and edge would have crazy chunking. may as well just convert to tracks if your going to do something this dumb.
http://www.mattracks.com/

http://jalopnik.com/cars/tank/your-moment-of-arctic-zen-the-tankpedition-220577.php

as for the skidsteers.... thats why people just loose the air tires for solid core types. . . i'd never want to deal with cleaning mud or asphalt out of those.

Um yeah... Im pretty sure these are designed for the street only. I HIGHLY doubt there working on the "off road" version yet.

Back