• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions, Thoughts, and Ideas

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help here. I'm deciding to go with a 31'' tire for my Jeep, But I don't know where to go. I like Trxus (wtf is the plural for that? Truxi?), BFG and I've been lookin at some Dayton Timberlines.

All in all, Width is my main concern. I daily drive my XJ. It sees roughly 150 miles a week. I usually do a little trip to go play about once a month, maybe more often than that. So I definatley want to go with an all terrain, but what are the pros and cons of running a 9.50 vs. a 10.50? 10.50 vs. 11.50?

I'd like to run a wider tire, and I know tall(ish) wide tires and gas milage really don't get along very well. But I kinda screwed myself over for good milage by buying a rolling 4 cyl refrigerator in the first place. So what do ya'll think i should go with?

10.5 will be a little small be better than a stock tire. 11.5 if the brand you choose to go with makes them would probably be a little more ideal for a weekend worrier.
What wheels are you going to run?

31x10.5s are common and will be cheaper than a 11.5. they will be a compromise for better fuel economy but wont be too skinny and will fit great on your soft 8's. im partial to mickey thompsons. check out the Baja ATZ.

Back