• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC pressure -what should lo side be?

tommyr

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone check a FSM and tell me what the low side A/C pressures should be for my '01?

70 degrees 80 degrees & 90 degrees will be fine

TIA

Assuming it's the same for a 99 as for an '01: 26 to 35 psi at 70, 32 to 41 at 80, 38 to 47 at 90. (99 FSM section 24 page 12). This, by the way, is higher than the specs for the 95, though both are R134 systems.

The low-side pressure by itself can only tell you if you're nearly empty or drastically overfilled on freon. You can infer something about the charge by watching how frequently the compressor cycles and how fast the lo-side pressure changes.

Bought an 01 less than a month ago and used car dealer said he would fix the air. I think the fix was a can of sealant + recharge. Now the compressor is cycling on recirculate (which when I first picked it up it didnt do) . Now I have to convince him it is low on refrigerant and its the evap. thats bad. I know its the evap cause there is glowy residue under the evap hose on the 'frame' rail and they steamcleaned the engine compartment to sell it. He seems to think since it blows cold there is nothing wrong. Wish me luck.

Back