• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Monotubes?

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
Not really an XJ question:

Building up a little TJ for my wife, and about to order a 2" Rubicon Express budget boost. Anyone know how much of an improvement the Monotubes are over the standard RE shocks? I'm paying less than list so, I'd guess it's going to be around an extra $100. . .

no personal experience with them, but i've heard they last a lot longer and ride better... i'd say it depends if she wheels it at often/ever or not.

I like mine. They are valved just slightly to the firm side but I would buy them again.

I have run bilsteins, old man emus and now the RE monotubes. I like the RE shocks the most of the three. If you are familiar with old man emus, the valveing of the RE shocks is between the long travel and short travel old man emus, which is just about perfect.

LOSTXJ said:
I have run bilsteins, old man emus and now the RE monotubes. I like the RE shocks the most of the three.
I think that would depend on the level of Bilstein shocks run. There is a big difference from the 5125 to the 7100 if properly set up.

Anyway, back on topic, while I've not run RE monotubes on my XJ I did just install them on a buddies TJ with a BB and it was a huge difference (better) over the stockers with 45K miles on them.

I run them and so far have no down falls I would definatlly run them agian

just installed mine about 2 weeks ago.

some of the best money i have spent that actually gets used every single damn day!

Back