• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC bypass

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible on a 2000 w/ 4.0?? I havent been able to find one avaliable for that particular year. Will one from an earlier year work? If there is somethign avaliable is it avaliable locally, hopefully today?

why are you bypassing it?

Trouble said:
To get the jeep running wihtout having an ac compressor.
IIRC there was the no AC option in the newer models.. but good luck finding the bracketry. Your best bet is to put on a new compressor and run it not hooked up if you don't want to deal with an AC shop.

welll i have a new compressor in the mail but i need to drive the jeep. Who does good ac recharging in teh area? Should i get any other new parts? The ac worked great till the compressor crapped out.

when mine blew up it would still free-wheel when the a/c was off. its still in the car like that today.

IslanderOffRoad said:
when mine blew up it would still free-wheel when the a/c was off. its still in the car like that today.
Not all of them do that: on mine the bearing and the clutch went resulting in a seized pulley.

Trouble said:
welll i have a new compressor in the mail but i need to drive the jeep. Who does good ac recharging in teh area? Should i get any other new parts? The ac worked great till the compressor crapped out.

You might need a pair of grommets where the lines hookup to the compressor. I got some universal ones that you can have, or you can get ones that are vehicle specific: they should have a metal anti crush (?) ring around them.

Thanks for the offer but it would be difficult for me to get out there.

update: compressor shipped today $218 for a new non rebuild compressor.

Back