• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BG synthetic trans fluid?

jayrhodes

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried this? I have heard of complaints with synthetic in the AW4 (mine is a 2000 Sport).
My mechanic recommends it but I need more info before going synthetic.

Trans fluid or trans flush? I wasnt aware of BG making a fluid...? Got links or anything?

I put synthetic in mine without an issue. Be sure it is DEXRON 3 synthetic. It's not so bad to use synthetic as long as it is is the right grade of fluid. P.S. I have a NAPA near me that keeps it in stock if you guy's need a resource for it.

If you are just looking for opinions of synthetic trans fluid in the AW4....

I run AMSOIL synthetic trans fluid (it is DexIII compatible), and I know of quite a few others who do as well, with zero problems....

I have been using it for 3 years,Just did the 2nd flush with it last week,fluid had appx 50,000 miles on it and still looked and smelled OK.I actually skipped a yearly flush because the fluid showed no wear.

Trans has 271,000 on it, trans and motor are the only original pieces of the drive train still left.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
I have been using it for 3 years,Just did the 2nd flush with it last week,fluid had appx 50,000 miles on it and still looked and smelled OK.I actually skipped a yearly flush because the fluid showed no wear.

Trans has 271,000 on it, trans and motor are the only original pieces of the drive train still left.
Wayne
You are using the BG synthetic fluid? (not just the flush system)
http://www.bgprod.com/blendr/syntheticATF.html

Last edited:
jayrhodes said:
You are using the BG synthetic fluid? (not just the flush system)
http://www.bgprod.com/blendr/syntheticATF.html

Yes the whole shebang,flush,fluid and cleaner,conditioner and in a BG flush machine.
Local price using the synthetic BG fluid $180.00, At several garages. Beware of lower priced flushes,it may be just the reg DEXIII or other lower grade fluid(Not BG syn)

Wayne

Last edited:
Back