• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa Mud does not taste good

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Installed my skid plate and hitch tonight. when i removed the rear bumper i found quite a bit of Azusa mud from last summer caked on the inside of the bumper. As I removed it, alot of it fell in my mouth.

I'm starting to hate mud. But its so much fun...

Grimm probably peed in it.

karstic said:
Grimm probably peed in it.
:dunno: you keep telling yourself thats all it was

ive still got an inch or two thick on the sides of my engine block, it worked real good at stopping the oil pan leak.

:D

GrimmJeeper said:
:dunno: you keep telling yourself thats all it was

ive still got an inch or two thick on the sides of my engine block, it worked real good at stopping the oil pan leak.

:D

yeah i noticed my jeep drips alot less since that trip.

I need a new tailpipe now too. Got frustrated with it being in the way of the skid install so I just sawzalled it off.

89xjJe3per said:
Just put a turn down rite after the muffler thats what i did after crunchin my tail pipe

just picked up a turn-down pipe at autozone for 5 bucks

its flared at the muffler end... do i just use a U-bolt style clamp to hold it on? welded is obviously better but i have no welder.

IslanderOffRoad said:
just picked up a turn-down pipe at autozone for 5 bucks

its flared at the muffler end... do i just use a U-bolt style clamp to hold it on? welded is obviously better but i have no welder.
a ubolt should be fine as long as its a tight fit on the pipe. if its loose on there the ubolt clamp will not hold it tight enough.

just take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it on they should only charge you a couple bux if anything.

yeah i might run it over to a shop. i'm heading out on a trip friday morning, so I just want something I can get on today.

after i get back, i'll probably order a cat-back from Jegs.

.hendrix. said:
just wondering...do you have out of state license plates? and were you maybe going through santa barbara at about 6:00 pm north on the 101? just curious...

no on both counts

i bought my Jeep in SB though and it goes through there on the way to pismo sometimes.

IslanderOffRoad said:
after i get back, i'll probably order a cat-back from Jegs.

If you do, I might want your old muffler, mine is starting to rust pretty good and I know that sooner or later it'll rust through and make my Jeep sound something like a very large, angry bumble bee.

.hendrix. said:
oh. i saw some clown in a heep just like yours as my buddy and i were getting back from gorman, thought maybe it was you...

well if it was someone you would refer to as a clown i'm glad it wasnt me.

Daedalus454 said:
If you do, I might want your old muffler, mine is starting to rust pretty good and I know that sooner or later it'll rust through and make my Jeep sound something like a very large, angry bumble bee.
mine's pretty rusty too.

Back