• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant reservoir

moximouse

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my xj about a month ago the cap on my coolant reservoir wouldn't tighten, you could slip it up and down over the threads... I bought a new one (cap and reservoir) and it worked fine for a couple weeks, now its loose.

Is there another aftermarket coolant reservoir that you guys suggest? Should I just use thread tape??? its annoying and boils over all the tme...

Want a permanent fix? There are several different OEM replacement tanks out there but they all come from one source and I think that has been farmed out to China like everything else.
This is the permanent fix http://www.macsradiator.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=28&HS=1
You can thank me later. This is what I put on my Heep and it uses a regular radiator cap, that can be found everywhere. Mine is an 18 pound cap but other pressures are also available. It does not come with a cap so you can choose whatever you want at the parts store.

Mudweiserjeep said:
wow....looks real nice......pricey tho

Not pricey at all if you change the plastic bottle every 6 months. Stealership bottles are $90 around here too. So buy a supply of plastic bottles and change them every 6 months or buy the Mac's solution once and never change it again for the life of the Heep. Your choice!
BTW mine is the diamondplate one.

As I said thank me later. Buy the aluminum tank now. It will take a few days to arrive.

Back