• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Over Axle Trackbar?

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i'm going to be running JCR's OTK 1-ton steering and the jks OA trackbar bracket. the problem is i can't weld so i'd like to pick up either the TNT or JKS "builder" straight bars. i know they require some welding but one of my buddies can do that. which one would you guys recommend? seems like JKS has always been top notch but i think you can get the TNT bar all welded up to one of their preset lengths, ready to install. i'll be running rusty's 4.5" coils and a 1.75" spacer with a heavy winch/bumper. i'd also like to run the RE heavy duty unibody side bracket which shouldn't be a problem with either bar right?
Thanks!

i just called jks and spoke with them... i think i'll be going with this:
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_950_951&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

it uses a stock rubber bushing on the axle end, that should be ok right? like i said, i dont think i've ever heaqrd anything bad about jks. couldnt even get a hold of tnt to ask them about theirs. i think i'll use the jks bar with the 2" johnny joint and the RE extreme duty bracket with the brace. sound alright to everybody?

Sounds like a plan - whats the width on the RE bracket? I'm guessing 2 inches :) TNT is hit or miss, sometimes they answer right away, but others, they're fabbing all day and no one answers.

I have run a JKS trackbar before and it held up to everything I threw at it...

ok, change of plans... i just found an old thread that said the jks johnny joint is too wide for the RE bracket. the 2" part isn't the issue because thats what RE uses for their trackbar. i think the problem is the width/ thickness is too big for the U part of the bracket. i finally got a hold of tnt and it sounds like their kit might be a little better suited for my needs? i'd get it with the rubber bushing on the axle end for some flexibility and he said the flex joint on the "frame" side would fit the RE bracket. any one know if the flex joint is rebuildable and if it's a tnt custom part?
Thanks

Back