• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remi's curse

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Well friday he talks about ac compressors freezing up , melting belts and other funstuff. Thanks man!!! Mine froze this morning. While Trying to disconnect the power wire to the clutch, well never got that far. SO I decided to try to cut it. Well I just sharpened my knife , its really sharp. Cut the tip of my thumb off, fillet my middle finger and cut open the ring finger. Took about 30 min to get the bleeding to stop. HAd to super glue them. Fun stuff huh??

Well now i need a new ac compressor.

Good thing you didn't need to go to the hospital...
:gee:
... you'd have gone the wrong way.

pichers1.jpg

Btw, how did you manage to get so many fingers at the same time?

Engine was off. it was the damn knife that got me. Basically it went thru the tip of the thumb filleted the middle finger about 1/4" bedhind the cuticle it wasd about 3/8" deep and then went thru the ring finger on the tip about 1/4" deep. The glue dried white on two fingers and was just a big mess on my thumb. Sorry its a cell phone photo. doesnt look that bad.

So whatsa good price on a new ac compressor with clutch??

IMG00242.jpg

Trouble said:
Engine was off. it was the damn knife that got me. Basically it went thru the tip of the thumb filleted the middle finger about 1/4" bedhind the cuticle it wasd about 3/8" deep and then went thru the ring finger on the tip about 1/4" deep. The glue dried white on two fingers and was just a big mess on my thumb. Sorry its a cell phone photo. doesnt look that bad.

So whatsa good price on a new ac compressor with clutch??

IMG00242.jpg

sorry but i gotta say it DUMB ASS!! how were you holding the knife?? did you try to chop the wire, slash it, skewer it??? that makes no logical sense!!

Yea I know it wasnt the smartest thing to do. but accidents happen. Just imagine holding the connector and cutting the wire by cutting away from you and a little slip involved.

cutters probably wouldn't have made any sense... :gee:

I need a new ac compressor too. Are they interchangeable between years?

Yea im sure there are bettter tools but i had to improvise since I was not at home or had access to my tools.

I dont know what years are interchangable. I know 98-01 are teh same. but the older ones used a different compressor.

Trouble said:
Yea I know it wasnt the smartest thing to do. but accidents happen. Just imagine holding the connector and cutting the wire by cutting away from you and a little slip involved.

That looks premeditated. If you're going to Big Bear, I can have my 10yo teach you knife safety. :)

bassthumb said:
cutters probably wouldn't have made any sense... :gee:

I need a new ac compressor too. Are they interchangeable between years?

I'm thinking I'll pick up one of those idler pulleys for the trail. I already had the main idler fail at cleghorn. I can spend the 30 bucks now on the ac delete pulley and just have it in the spares box.

markw said:
I'm thinking I'll pick up one of those idler pulleys for the trail. I already had the main idler fail at cleghorn. I can spend the 30 bucks now on the ac delete pulley and just have it in the spares box.

I need that address please... My 89 is making some noise

Back