• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken screw Oh No

deezyperformance

NAXJA Forum User
any advice on what I can use to get this out it's rusted big time and the screw broke off in the distributor. Sorry for the crappy picture I shot it like 10 times.
">
Edit Screw on the right hand side wish I could circle it.

Broken screw

Use a punch to make a dent in the middle of the broken bolt. Then get a bolt extractor, and the proper size drill bit. Drill through the center of the bolt and the extractor should get it out. PB Blaster or some other good rust penetrant will definitely ease the process.

On my Yj one of the screws snapped off like yours. So I clamped the new cap on with a tiny c clamp. It has held for about 6 years with no proplems. It should work for you til you get a perm. solution.

Get that Fram off of there while you're messing with it.
:D

I'll get it on here soon just have to find time between work and the baby. I just got it last fall and it was to damn cold to do anything this winter so that was the filter that was on it I usually use purolators.

I broke one off like that and in a pinch (if you can't get the old one out any other way) I had to drill the old screw out and replace it with a nut and bolt,just don't overtighten and crack the dizzy cap.
I've also used a self-tapping screws on ones that have been stripped.

Back