• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which coils?

Jimbo_1321

NAXJA Forum User
yes... I searched... a lot.

so my question is which coils should I get?
I'm looking to get a 6 inch lift.
I'm into doing trails, rocks and maybe a little go fast stuff :D
what's your guy's opinions and experiences?
thanks!

i have clayton 8" coils(bigger i know) but they compress enough to stuff a tire nicely and stiff enough to allow me to control my jeep on the HWY while doing 90 with no swaybar(never again though)

Starboard M said:
I have the RE XJ 5.5 coils, with a 1.5'' spacer on top for a 6.5'' lift.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=239&Pn=1710&XnPath=173,181,239&Vid=507E1D5408783

You might want to get nice rebuildable shocks. That will almost help more then coils in the ride department.

Most people who use Skyjackers seem to get the 8'' coils and cut them down, but I cant tell you to what.
I had RE XJ 5.5 coils w/ 1.5" spacer and the ride was HORRIBLE. I have Rustys 6.5" coils now and ride is much better. I don't have a swaybar, but need long arms... drop brackets = shit ride too, but Rustys 6.5" coils helped some. and dropped me down an inch for stability.

BOX said:
I had RE XJ 5.5 coils w/ 1.5" spacer and the ride was HORRIBLE. I have Rustys 6.5" coils now and ride is much better. I don't have a swaybar, but need long arms... drop brackets = shit ride too, but Rustys 6.5" coils helped some. and dropped me down an inch for stability.
The reason your ride was crap was because your control arm angles, not your springs. Although Im sure the Crusty springs have a softer spring rate which did help.

I have TnT long arms, no sway bar with Bilstein 5100s and its a nice ride. A little to soft, so a sway bar might be going back on.

Back