• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noisy in 4wheel drive

jimbow912

NAXJA Forum User
ok Im geting banging noisy when im in 4wheel H and L but not on 2wheel I hade just put 4:56 gears in, whent wheeling, aftier wheeling the noisy started I drop the front drive shaft and it whent a way and I brought it to the guy that did my gears and he said it was my T case after he diagnostic ok I swaped out the T case and the noisy is still there :hang:anyone it happends when I get on the gas

could be a bad gear-set up in the front diff. it sounds to me like excessive gear whine... if it's audible but not disruptive, that's normal, but if it's really obtrusive then that's bad.... i'm guessing yours is loud... where does it sound like it's coming from? have you had someone stand outside the car while you put it in 4 and get on the gas so they can hear what/where it is?

ya I walked nex to my jeep and I cant relly tell where its coming from I dont want to get to close and get run over the sound is sounding like its bouncing back and forth from the t case, drive shaft and the biff cant relly tell. well my old t case is in the shop and ill see if its the t case or not.:tears:

Back