• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeal when Clutch is pushed?

RussellR

NAXJA Forum User
(93 5 speed)It sounds like metal on metal like a worn out break. It is also hard to shift gears. It stops when in gear and in netural when clutch is not in. I thought it was the clutch so i pulled the trans. Everthing looks great but im not sure if it is the slave cylinder because i cant put it under pressure. It does spin free though. Any one have the same problem? The only thing odd was there were loose trany bolts and one missing. I sure hope i didnt pull it when i could have just tighting some bolts.

I did search and read a ton of posts but none that i found really sounded the same. Thanks for any help!!

LOL. I know eactly what your going through. You needed to tighten the tranny bolts is all. Yeah I dealt with this problem for a while. Your tranny mount maybe worn out causeing excess vibes to the tranny bolts causeing them to lossen. I just pulled all my bolts and put blue lock tite on the bolts and some lock washers and that took care of it. The squealing is your slave clyinder trying to push the clutch disk in but can't reach being your tranny is to far away.

Back