• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flashlight mounts

Schnoz

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen quite a few people with their maglites mounted on the transmission tunnel and am wondering what they use to hold them there, I walked through home depot and a couple other stores trying to find something similar to a fire extinguisher mount but small and couldn't find one.

Maglite makes a kit that has to plastic brakets that can be screwed on. They work really good and you can just grab the flashlight and rip it off pretty quick. I got mine at mclendons.

-Alex

KarlVP said:
Wow those are pricy.

McMasters&carr sells spring clips for cheap.

Let me find them.

$1.43 per holder.

Go to this site. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Type "tool holder" in the search box.

Down, item 14 is what you are looking for. Part number. 17175A51

Awesome!! That is the answer!! Karl you rock!

I've been looking at the price of the License plate mounting clips and shaiking my head for a year now. McMaster just went in my Favs.

Thank you!

PLUS you can order your own Large Steel Balls!!
steelballs.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for something cheaper than the first one, so I was figuring on putting a piece of pvc with a slight angle on it. but those things from mcmasters look like just the thing I am looking for.

Ba-Riedo said:
Maglite makes a kit that has to plastic brakets that can be screwed on. They work really good and you can just grab the flashlight and rip it off pretty quick. I got mine at mclendons.

-Alex

X-2
Dont remember where I got mine though.

Back