• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police Spotlight

I had one of these on my old XJ before I wrecked it and loved it. I never did the get the chance to take a picture of it. It was really awesome being able to aim it, I found it most handy when working under the hood of my girlfriend's car at night - just pull up next to it and aim the light at the engine. Definitely pick it up for $25, you'll need to go buy a long 1/2" drill bit for the install though, I believe.

so yea it's probably worth it...and im sure you can replace the bulbs in them if the one i get is burned out?...one even had a switch on the inside handle where you could turn it on or off

My first experience with an XJ was in the USMC. I was a MP, so of course the XJ was equipped with codes, but it also had these (or another manufacturer) installed on them. They are great. I just bought a 1999 stock XJ but, I would definately like to install at least one as part of my build. If you come across any again, let me know. For $25 bucks, pick me up one too.

luvdlions said:
My first experience with an XJ was in the USMC. I was a MP, so of course the XJ was equipped with codes, but it also had these (or another manufacturer) installed on them. They are great. I just bought a 1999 stock XJ but, I would definately like to install at least one as part of my build. If you come across any again, let me know. For $25 bucks, pick me up one too.

yea maybe if you were a little closer that would be easy...but yea hopefully i can go back out there this week (i didn't get it today because i didn't have the cash with me) and get it

im guessing all that its going to take is drilling through the pillar and then putting some rtv under the mounting bracket to keep the elements out?

I had a set of them on an ex-forestry XJ I had.

There is a kit that was available for mounting them. It came with the brackets and a specially shaped gasket. Its not a bad job to do, though if you aren't already drilled for one. IIRC. I bought the kit from Gall's or one of those types of catalogs to remount it on another XJ...

w_howey said:
I had a set of them on an ex-forestry XJ I had.

There is a kit that was available for mounting them. It came with the brackets and a specially shaped gasket. Its not a bad job to do, though if you aren't already drilled for one. IIRC. I bought the kit from Gall's or one of those types of catalogs to remount it on another XJ...

Yeah, you've got to get the vehicle specific mounting kit if you want it to mount and seal correctly.

spotlight.jpg

this is basically what it looked like...there was a bracket that was mounted on the outside of the vehicle, with a hole in it, which allowed a tube to from the outside to the inside. Then you could attach the handle on the inside, and the spotlight on the outside

is it a unity brand? all the ones in found on the internet show 1 wire and are listed as 12vdc and pull 4.2amps

if it only has one wire, then its needs 12vdc. it probly grounds itself to the body

just give it some + juice and see what happens

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
is it a unity brand? all the ones in found on the internet show 1 wire and are listed as 12vdc and pull 4.2amps

if it only has one wire, then its needs 12vdc. it probly grounds itself to the body

just give it some + juice and see what happens

-Tim

so if there was only one wire where would it go?

If I can contort myself well enough, I can tell you how mine was wired tommorow once the sun is up....

The wire is still hot but just dangling next to the window.....

Back