• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

won't start

andyanderson

NAXJA Forum User
well i have a 88 xj with the four cylinder.when i bought it the guy swapped in the four cylinder and did an alright job. i drove it home in the rain.then after i got home and everthing dried up i drove it to the store.as soon as i come out of the store and tried to start it and no fire.i checked the spark and i didnt have any.i bought a new coil and still no spark.im getting fuel and it turns over just no spark.

ok well i dont know anything about jeeps,but im pretty sure there should be a wire to the distributor and there isn't one on mine...can anyone help me here?

There should be a wire going from your coil to your dist. if thats what your saying yes there should be.

andyanderson said:
ok well i dont know anything about jeeps,but im pretty sure there should be a wire to the distributor and there isn't one on mine...can anyone help me here?

how did it start in the first place?

Back