• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS Light on and grinds

fuelfox4949

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a lift in my 97. Now after about 5 mins of driving my ABS light comes on plus when I go to slow down to a stop here and there, The pedal locks up and the ABS grinds and I start crawling I have to use the E-brake to finally stop. what the heck should i check. I bleed the brakes twice, looked to see if my ABS wires were pulled out. I zip tied them to the brake lines so they would not hit a wheel. Someone please help before I go into a pole! :hang:

When you lifted it, did you give consideration to the e-brake line routing, or are they pulled tight now?

How big was the lift?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

my ebrake is working the same as before the lift. i put a rc 4.5 lift with 32 goodyears. i did not use the bracket relocater cause the lines were not to tight. and i added extended brake lines front and rear

front brakes/rotors and pads all new. last night when i bleed the brakes we went around and made sure there was no air in the lines. bleed every line 3 times around. should i pull the abs fuse out or will i lose my brakes all together

Its sounds like you have several differents issues.Who's lift did you install?What all components were replaced?You need to better describe the symtoms and sounds.The ABS itself cant be grinding unlees you bent a sensor onto the tone rings,and then it would make noise all the time.Lift often causes the u-joinst and/or the slip yoke to make a grinding/binding sound.Since you broke into the brake system thats the most likely cause of the ABS light(could be bleeding or the proportioning valve).

i installed a rc 4.5 lift terflex shakle, adjustable trac bar, extended brake lines. we bleed it that day, last night i rebleed it had a buddy go around 4 times to make sure just fluid was coming out. I can drive for 5 mins then the light comes on. and here and there the pedel get rock hard and wont let me stop. i have to throw the e brake on to come to a stop.

fuelfox4949 said:
front brakes/rotors and pads all new. last night when i bleed the brakes we went around and made sure there was no air in the lines. bleed every line 3 times around. should i pull the abs fuse out or will i lose my brakes all together
Check the rears, Drum brakes can have all kinds of issues!

fuelfox4949 said:
Are you sure you got the correct rotors,thats been known to cause a similar problem?

Back