• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's It Worth

Rootehound

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 "Briarwood" with 250,000+ miles. It runs fine, but has rust on the rockers and behind the rear wheels. It has the overhead console, leather interior, full gage cluster, 242, A/T, AC, PW, PL, good tires, etc., etc. Everything works except for the cruise control.
It's time to sell it and get a newer one. Any idea what I should ask for this one?

www.kbb.com

It's an 18-year old vehicle with a quarter-million miles on it. Yes, it's got some nice upgrades, but c/c isn't working (what else isn't working?) and the mileage and age are going to scare off most buyers.

Unless it has lived a full life in Arizona or other salt and rust-free areas, I bet the underbelly could really use some attention too.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I bought my 92 XJ with 200K and I paid 1,500 for it with no rust (CAL car) and it had a small lift with new tires. Don't think it's worth more than a grand sorry.:tears:

With rust, and 250.000 I'd say about 1K
JMO.

Good Luck.

dang so i could have got alot more for my other one it was a 90 with 180k miles and no rust i just let it go for a grand

Given where you are in MA. I would bet money on the floor pan being rotted. That'll drop the price.
I paid $200 for my 91' with 100K on it and very little rot, immaculate interior and factory sunroof.

94 xj, 196k, 6 tired squirrels. Not all the pretty's that you've got but it was 500. Guy would have settled for 100 less but I felt bad for him. He was in a worse stuck than me! (BTW, I did check carfax and dmv just to make sure it wasn't stole)

I just bought a '95 Country for $500 and it needed a front axle u-joint and the manual fan replaced. It has almost 200k on the clock but the motor has less than 40k. It has a few dents and the interior is average. They guy was asking $900 and when I asked what was the least he would take he dropped the price down without me haggleing with him at all. wish I could find more out there like this one, but I have three now so something has to give. I think I'm going to sell my 2000 and take the cash to fix the other two. It is too nice to beat to death in the woods anyways.

Picked up an '89 Pioneer w/175k for $500. Into it for about 1100 now.
235/75 BFG ($200 for 5 rims 4bfgs and GY full size spare)
New front calipers/rotors/pads/bearings
Oil change/Rad. flush
door mirrors
cd player (cheap kenwood)
lot's
more luvin needed

Back