• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

idling hesitation problems

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
My specs are in my sig. I'm having a small issue that has just come up. My jeep when first started will hesitate for about 2 seconds sometimes pop from the header and then run fine. It does that more often than not. Now only 2 times when it is sitting it is idling really bad and it will surge up a little over 1000 rpm then back to horrible idle. Its bad in park and worse in neutral. When I put it in gear it will surge when shifted in then idle fine. It will never stall but it comes close. I had it at autozone yeaterday to pull some codes and I got high voltage from both o2 sensors. The wires for the one in the rear fell out of the clip and the drivshaft ate it up so that one is easy, and the jeep has 143,xxx on it now and the first o2 sensor has never been changed. Those are on order and will be here soon. Can this be my issue or are there other things I can check, help??!!

Sounds like you got it figured out. Driveshaft and exhaust manifold ate, burned and shorted mine once too.

Back