• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift shackles

tsill

NAXJA Forum User
i currently have ome shocks and ome 3" lift which did lift me up about 3". the ome is a great lift but i wanted to fit 32's. i bought the r.e. 4.5"zj coils which i'm told net 5.5" on the xj.

common sense tells me to get at least 1.5" shackles to come close to making the jeep level. any experience on this. i won't be adding a bumper for quite a while.

i was also thinking of getting the r.e. boomerangs but thought that would be too short in the back as they are good for 1". Don't wanna be 5.5" in the front and 4" in the back.

OME makes an AAL that compliments their packs. You can add 1 or 2 per side, and each one will net you about 3/4 of an inch of lift. Throw on a 1" boomerang shackle (I run the one from JKS and love it) and you'll be set.

you may have to get the OME Long Travel shocks, or adjust your shock mounts somehow. The N35 and N36 shocks are good for about 3 inches of lift, the N35L and N36L are good up to about 5"

Call Dirk at DPGOffroad.com - he's got the OME AALs and has a great price on them, plus anything else OME that you could need....

Last edited:
sounds good. gonna go that route. aal and 1" shackles it is.

In addition to shocks.....longer brake lines,good adj trackbar,DB's or LA's,the list goes on!

Back