• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slip yoke eliminator or ne?

ryder

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 5 in lift on my 96 xj. i put the transfer drop kit in. is it it alot better with the s.y.e and what will the advantages be if there are any?

hey buddy...i don't want to sound like a complete douche, but you'll learn a lot by using the search feature on this site...

but the point is, right now you have a slip yoke...meaning if you're under enough flex, your drive shaft will more or less 'slip' out...

with a slip yoke eliminator, you 'eliminate' the possibility of such an occurance...

the transfer case drop is provided as a cheap way to prevent drive line vibrations...if you decide to go to an SYE, you are required to switch to a CV driveshaft, thus eliminating the need for the transfer case drop...

read up on the subject, i've only skimmed the surface...

Believe it or not, I know somebody running 8", 2" tcase drop, no SYE....and the shaft doesn't fall out.

Regardless, I ordered the Advance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft from Rusty's yesterday. I don't want a tcase drop. Puts stress on the motor mounts if you think about it.

Yeah, i've heard of guys like that too. Knew a guy on 7"+ lift doing the no SYE thing. He was replacing U-joints every 3-4 months. Idiot. If he would have just done the SYE, it probably would have cost him the same amount he spent on u-joints over 2 years.

And yes, the motor mount thing too Blaine. Good call. Loss of ground clearance as well, especially with a TWO inch drop. Crazy.

Back