• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Console in a 5 Speed... shift boot

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I installed a 97+ Console in my 94J with a 5spd today. My shift boot definately does not fit the new console, its a bit too small to cover the entire hole. The XJ I got it from was automatic, and I didnt take the auto trim plate since I thought I would have no need for it.

Those who have converted with a 5spd, is there a part # for the newer one?

IslanderOffRoad said:
I installed a 97+ Console in my 94J with a 5spd today. My shift boot definately does not fit the new console, its a bit too small to cover the entire hole. The XJ I got it from was automatic, and I didnt take the auto trim plate since I thought I would have no need for it.

Those who have converted with a 5spd, is there a part # for the newer one?
Yes, and it's friggin $30 from the dealer. It is part number...52104079AC

thanks!

19.95 at Chryslerpartsdirect.com

You could go with a leather one too, andysautosport sells "universal" ones. You just give them the measurement and they'll send you a leather one. I think you have to call for sizes though, and you have to wade through waste deep ricer crap to find what you want. I condiser the leather to be worth it though.

Puddin99 said:
Did you run into any issues with the E-brake?

not sure

the 97+ ebrake assy I bought off ebay just arrived today. I just got home so I'll be tackling it tomorrow.

9lared0 said:
You could go with a leather one too, andysautosport sells "universal" ones. You just give them the measurement and they'll send you a leather one. I think you have to call for sizes though, and you have to wade through waste deep ricer crap to find what you want. I condiser the leather to be worth it though.

i kind of like the truckish look of the plastic one.

Back