• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wow... so I pretty much HATE the railroad...

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
I can't wait to get out of here... Oh my god it's horrible. Ok, so for the past 5 years or so, the trains, who mind you are a good 1/2 mile away from our house, have been increasing traffic daily it seems. Blasting their horns, which again seem to be getting louder, at all hours of the night, for no apparent reason.

They even lay on the horn going over 8th street... which is an OVERPASS!!! WTF?!

Anyway, 8th street is about a mile East of my house, which makes it quite a trip out of my way if I'm going West. However it's the ONLY overpass/bridge in my area. I can't go anywhere else if 22nd and Sunset are down. Not that they're any more pleasent to drive over. It's probably the worst set of tracks in history.

Well, for the past two weeks they've been working on re-doing the crossings. Awesome I thought, I'll DEAL with driving essentially 2 miles out of my way to go to the gas station, work, etc. They finally finished them. And it was AAAAAALLLLLLL for nothing. They're extremely violent.

The tracks aren't lined up with the roadway AT ALL, and the two sets of tracks are at two different elevations, which creates an unnecessary extra hump. And at 30 mph that I just hit the tracks at, bottomed out my suspension all the way around, and launched the rear of my XJ up in the air about 3ft.

:smsoap:

Brb, gonna go on a killing spree.

Where I used to live in Tehachapi.. Wonderful place for the most part. The trains would park and block off one side of town.. Ambulances couldn't get in and many a law suit came about to ppl not getting medical help and what not due to the Fing trains parking there ass across the major streets.

Get pics and write letters to the DOT and CalTrans. Also if you have to do un-necessary repairs to your vehicle due to it being poorly re-assmbled they are ultimately responsible.

Where I live the main dirt road is a maintained road and have a contract with the county that if it gets beyond a certain point they grade it. Caltrans is responsible for this maintenence and they have paid many a alignment.

The first mile is getting paved soon tho.

Leep said:
Get pics and write letters to the DOT and CalTrans. Also if you have to do un-necessary repairs to your vehicle due to it being poorly re-assmbled they are ultimately responsible.

Where I live the main dirt road is a maintained road and have a contract with the county that if it gets beyond a certain point they grade it. Caltrans is responsible for this maintenence and they have paid many a alignment.

actually Dennis its the county responsible caltrans only does highway and select roads the state put in yours is a county road, ask me how I know I dare ya ;)

Gerr said:
actually Dennis its the county responsible caltrans only does highway and select roads the state put in yours is a county road, ask me how I know I dare ya ;)

Your right. I forgot that county is the entity that maintains it.

I guess they are tired of doing repairs and found it is cheaper to finally pave most of it.

Leep said:

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Pretty soon they will have traffic lights and shopping centers at the corners. Stupid asphalt always ruins everything.

crazyjim said:
I can't wait to get out of here... Oh my god it's horrible. Ok, so for the past 5 years or so, the trains, who mind you are a good 1/2 mile away from our house, have been increasing traffic daily it seems. Blasting their horns, which again seem to be getting louder, at all hours of the night, for no apparent reason.

They even lay on the horn going over 8th street... which is an OVERPASS!!! WTF?!

Anyway, 8th street is about a mile East of my house, which makes it quite a trip out of my way if I'm going West. However it's the ONLY overpass/bridge in my area. I can't go anywhere else if 22nd and Sunset are down. Not that they're any more pleasent to drive over. It's probably the worst set of tracks in history.

Well, for the past two weeks they've been working on re-doing the crossings. Awesome I thought, I'll DEAL with driving essentially 2 miles out of my way to go to the gas station, work, etc. They finally finished them. And it was AAAAAALLLLLLL for nothing. They're extremely violent.

The tracks aren't lined up with the roadway AT ALL, and the two sets of tracks are at two different elevations, which creates an unnecessary extra hump. And at 30 mph that I just hit the tracks at, bottomed out my suspension all the way around, and launched the rear of my XJ up in the air about 3ft.

:smsoap:

Brb, gonna go on a killing spree.

You need better shox..........:wave1:

Leep said:

I guess they are tired of doing repairs and found it is cheaper to finally pave most of it.
actually paving a lot of the bigger streets around here has been on the agenda for many years, biggest issue has been getting residents to cough up the extra tax dollars to do it. So short on funding they have been doing it based only on what streets the state will grant funding for which is like pulling a Buick through azusa canyon only to find out the gate is closed.

Leep said:
The crossing, or the Jeep? :spin1:

Leep said:

Dennis you do realize they announced they will not be paving your road this year, the rail road has to do some repairs to their stuff and release the easement before the county can touch the road for paving. if you want to complain, complain to the rail road the county's hands are tied

Back